I've started reading a very popular book calledThe Innovator’s Mindset: Empower Learning, Unleash Talent, and Lead a Culture of Creativity by
Check out what people are saying on Twitter: #InnovatorsMindset

On a similar train of thought, I came across this TEDTalk video in a research study I had to evaluate for my master's class. It's about how to foster the development of ideas.
This video hits at the heart of the shift in how the library is to be seen as a learning or information commons. It should be a place where people come together and build upon questions with ideas. This is what our makerspace and other new programs like coding club are intended to do. I try to keep lessons and activities open-ended so that students are hopefully inspired and they step out of what they already know to discover something new on their own. I want them to have the room, physically and
mentally, to experiment, invent, think, plan, and create solutions to problems. The successful individuals of the near future will be the people who can think for themselves, rather than simply regurgitate facts. With an innovative culture, we're better preparing our students for the constantly changing world they'll enter as adults. Things in society change too fast for us to teach students everything they need to know when they become adults. We cannot possibly predict the technology that our students will need to master in their future careers. So, we have to teach our students how to learn and adapt and problem solve.
Bonus Tech Tip:
Like my image with the quote from the book?! I used Snapchat and Bitmoji together! This is called a #BookSnap. Learn more about how to do it and how to use it in the classroom from Dave Burgess' blog: http://daveburgess.com/booksnaps/
No comments:
Post a Comment